The manufacturer Rimowa offers different case, which are not to exceed in stability and class. Customers from around the world are enthusiastic about the products of Rimowa and count on the quality of the provider.
The luggages by Rimowa are priced in the upper class. So most suitcases cost between 200 and 800$. Here, the highest demands in terms of quality, finish and comfort are met and reached in order to form an indestructible robustness. Rimowa is definitely the correct seller if you are looking for a suitcase for life.
The foundation for the success of Rimowa was laid in 1898 the manufactory of Paul Morszeck in Cologne, Germany. At that time the first cases were still mainly made of wood, with great emphasis on a light weighted design and maximum stability.
From the 20s, demanding frequent travelers themselves were inspired by the luxurious suitcases of the company. The son of the founder brings 1937 the first overseas trunk made of light metal onto the market. This led to many new ideas based on this material. Since then the brand name Rimowa had been derived from »Richard Morszeck trademark”.
In the 1950s, the first aluminum suitcase was produced with grooves, whose design is an unmistakable classic today and became the trademark of Rimowa. All products by Rimowa are still equipped with the strip, which stabilizes the form.
1976 succeeds Dieter Morszeck with the first waterproof alloy suitcase which was a big developmental step. The waterproof case protects delicate equipment of photographers and film crews reliably against water and humidity. Heat and cold did not affect the products anymore as well.
Another step was reached in 2000th. The world’s first trolley from polycarbonate revolutionized the building of luggage. It made the luggage a lot easier and much more durable. With the reduced weight traveling started to get much more pleasant.
In 2001 all trolleys were equipped with ball bearing wheels, the so-called Multi Wheel. Thus, heavily packed suitcase could move effortlessly and turn into every direction.
Nowadays the cases are now available on the market in aluminum and polycarbonate in several models and sizes. The classic grooves in the baggage still form of the manufacturer’s trademark.
Today’s hardshell case models
The contemporary product lines are high quality and thoroughly thought through.
- Design - Made from 100% Aviation Series 5 Grade Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy, a very lightweight and durable material. Fully lined interior with multi-use organizational pockets make it easy for packing clothes. Designed to provide strength, flexibilty and capacity, light performance with top quality security.
- Security - Ultra protective secruity frame made from the toughest materials paired with integrated TSA Approved Dual Combination Locks, for the ultimate security.
- Body Dimensions: 20" (H) x 15" (L) x 10" (W)
- Overall Dimensions: 21.5"(H) x 15"(L) x 10.3"(W)
- Net Weight: 9 lbs
- Size (W x H x D): 51 x 78 x 28.5 cm
- Pole length (fully extended): 117 cm
- Weight: 7.4 kg
- Volume: 84.5 l
- Material: aluminum, leather, polyester :Colour: silver
- Size (W x H x D): 45 x 56 x 25cm
- Handle height (when fully extended): 108cm
- Volume: 47l Weight (without accessories): 4.1kg
- Material: 100% polycarbonate (case shell), nylon (lining)
- Colour: Anthracite brown