First of all: What is carry-on luggage?
Hand luggage is luggage that can be taken by the passenger during the flight in the cabin. This is usually limited to one carry-on per passenger and is subject to certain rules, such as weight or size limitations.
Buying advices for hand luggage
With four instead of normally two rolls a piece of luggage can be more easily maneuvered. Further, when a role breaks, the trolley can still be handled quite well with the three remaining. It is also very convenient if the roles are replaceable.
Whether you prefer a hard or soft shell, is a matter of taste. Meanwhile both types and their materials are similar stable and fail-safe. If sensitive and expensive items are transported, you should of course use a hard shell with the highest stability and inner damping. For primarily clothing a soft shell is enough and also easier to handle during flight.
The material of the board luggage should be very light and durable. For hard cases you can choose between aluminum and various high-quality plastics (Curv, ABS, polypropylene, polycarbonate). The most innovative plastic currently is Curv. This is extremely light, unbreakable and resistant to abrasion. It is made from a polypropylene film that has been cut into so-called “polypropylene tapes” and which are getting heated and stretched. Subsequently, a tissue is formed with multiple layers out of the threads. The trolley is then formed out of the tissue. For soft luggage there is a choice between polyamide (nylon, Perlon) and leather.
In terms of design of luggage there are some significant differences. Luggage – from Rimowa for example – offers a unique sovereign and stringent design made of aluminum with grooved lines, which guarantee stability. In particular, the trolleys made out of crude, uncolored aluminum gained a certain cult factor and recognition value, but are also correspondingly expensive. In general: The more sophisticated and perfected the design is, the more expensive is the product. A good price/performance ratio offer a American Tourister or Rockland Baggage.
The more striking and personalized a piece of luggage is, the faster and easier it can be found at the baggage claim. With a bright color or an unusual imprint it can easily achieve this.
Which carry-on suitcases are recommendable?
Due to the large range of different cases, however, it is not always easy to make a decision.
Depending on the equipment, budget or duration have to make a choice, which case is the optimum for the journey.
A good guide always might be to look for the best sellers on Amazon.
Carry-on bestsellers on Amazon
- The suitcase benefits hugely from its ABS+PC hard plastic shell. it goes through insanely strict quality control test standards, creating strong and sturdy pieces that can withstand any forms of rough handling.Please note this luggage is sold separately, but If you intend to buy two or three suitcases, the small suitcase can be stored inside the bigger one
- 2-year warranty. With built-In TSA lock, you can make sure your valuables are secure and safe.
- Quiet airplane spinner wheels and an adjustable 3-level 100%pure aluminum telescoping handle allow you to quickly maneuver in tight spaces and it's sturdier than most of the telescoping handle on the market.
- Make packing clothes easy with the fully lined interior and the multi-use organizational pockets.
- Three different size: Size: 20inch (21 x 8.5 x 15), 24innch (17 x 10 x 24.5) 28inch (20.5 x 11x 29), Please note that ONLY 28in is Expandable, adding 15%to the scalable space.
- 20-inch hardside spinner luggage for weekend getaways or as international carry-on
- Protective hard shell with scratch-resistant finish; made of extra-thick ABS (thicker than the competition) for enhanced strength and durability
- Fully lined interior with divider; 150D-polyester interior organizer with 3 zippered pockets for conveniently storing smaller items
- Expandable for up to 15% additional packing capacity; solid, strong zippers; telescoping handle for comfortable maneuvering; securely mounted short handle
- 4 double spinner wheels ensure smooth-rolling mobility in any direction
- Expandable carry-on spinner suitcase with external USB port and dedicated powerbank pocket meets faa regulations for carry-on and checked baggage. Powerbank not included.
- Precision glide system includes contour grip, 4-stop adjustable PowerScope handle and magnatrac spinner wheels for precise control and effortless roll.
- Drop in, fold-out suiter packs clothes wrinkle-free. Interior tie down system includes built-in accessory pockets and TSA-compliant, removable quart-sized wet pocket for toiletries. Leather top and side carry handles plus bottom cup provide carrying options.
- Premium leather top and side carry handles plus bottom handle cup provide comfortable carrying options. Backed by our built for a lifetime limited worry free warranty. Dimensions: 21x14x9 weight: 7.8 lbs.