First of all: What is carry-on luggage?
Hand luggage is luggage that can be taken by the passenger during the flight in the cabin. This is usually limited to one carry-on per passenger and is subject to certain rules, such as weight or size limitations.
Buying advices for hand luggage
With four instead of normally two rolls a piece of luggage can be more easily maneuvered. Further, when a role breaks, the trolley can still be handled quite well with the three remaining. It is also very convenient if the roles are replaceable.
Whether you prefer a hard or soft shell, is a matter of taste. Meanwhile both types and their materials are similar stable and fail-safe. If sensitive and expensive items are transported, you should of course use a hard shell with the highest stability and inner damping. For primarily clothing a soft shell is enough and also easier to handle during flight.
The material of the board luggage should be very light and durable. For hard cases you can choose between aluminum and various high-quality plastics (Curv, ABS, polypropylene, polycarbonate). The most innovative plastic currently is Curv. This is extremely light, unbreakable and resistant to abrasion. It is made from a polypropylene film that has been cut into so-called “polypropylene tapes” and which are getting heated and stretched. Subsequently, a tissue is formed with multiple layers out of the threads. The trolley is then formed out of the tissue. For soft luggage there is a choice between polyamide (nylon, Perlon) and leather.
In terms of design of luggage there are some significant differences. Luggage – from Rimowa for example – offers a unique sovereign and stringent design made of aluminum with grooved lines, which guarantee stability. In particular, the trolleys made out of crude, uncolored aluminum gained a certain cult factor and recognition value, but are also correspondingly expensive. In general: The more sophisticated and perfected the design is, the more expensive is the product. A good price/performance ratio offer a American Tourister or Rockland Baggage.
The more striking and personalized a piece of luggage is, the faster and easier it can be found at the baggage claim. With a bright color or an unusual imprint it can easily achieve this.
Which carry-on suitcases are recommendable?
Due to the large range of different cases, however, it is not always easy to make a decision.
Depending on the equipment, budget or duration have to make a choice, which case is the optimum for the journey.
A good guide always might be to look for the best sellers on Amazon.
Carry-on bestsellers on Amazon
- A half pound lighter than maxlite 4, this ultra lightweight 21 inch spinner meets carry on size restrictions for most domestic airlines. H20 Guard protects the interior lining from moisture
- 4 wheel spinners rotate 360 degree for a smooth roll. Lightweight, sturdy PowerScope handle stops at 38 inch and 42.5 inch features a patented contour grip with rubberized touch points for easy maneuvering. Unique bottom tray design increases durability
- Expands up to 2 inch to maximize packing capacity. Features low profile top, side and bottom carry handles, two exterior compartments, full length interior lid pocket, side accessory pocket and adjustable hold down straps for packing convenience
- Limited Lifetime Coverage plus trusted companion promise, which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carrier for 1 year
- Interior dimension: 21 inches x 14 inches x 9 inches Exterior dimension: 23 inches x 14.5 inches x 9 inches; Volume : 46 liter
- Black, Small 21-inch hardside spinner luggage for weekend getaways or as international carry-on
- Interior capacity: 39 Liters
- Weight: 7.34 lbs.
- Protective hard shell with scratch-resistant finish; made of extra-thick ABS (thicker than the competition) for enhanced strength and durability
- Fully lined interior with divider; 150D-polyester interior organizer with 3 zippered pockets for conveniently storing smaller items
- 21 inches Spinner luggage maximizes your packing power and meets most carry on size restrictions for those traveling domestically and looking to stay light
- Packing dimensions: 20" x 14" x 9", Overall dimensions: 22” x 15”x 9.5”, Weight: 8.2 pounds
- 10 Year limited warranty: American Tourister products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards; This bag comes with a 10 year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
- Book opening case with mesh divider and Cross straps in main compartment with a zipped modesty pocket
- Four, multi directional oversized spinner wheels for effortless mobility, re engineered lightweight;Volume : 44 Litres
- Upright: 21" x 13" x 7.5" (with wheels)
- Tote bag: 14"x 11"x 5.5"
- Telescoping handle
- Ergonomic padded top and side grip handles
- Fully lined
- Multi-directional 4-wheel spinners for smooth, 360-degree movement
- Durable, lightweight hardside ABS exterior with molded corner guard reinforcements and a tear-resistant, fully lined interior
- Main compartment interior features double-sided packing, a zippered organization pocket, and garment restraint straps to hold your clothes in place
- Four molded side feet allow luggage to stand upright on its side
- Top and side easy grab handles and a retractable telescoping trolley handle for simple maneuvering
Last update on 2020-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API