What this actually is, what purpose it serves and what advice you can be given, can be read in this post.
For what is the TSA lock intended?
The TSA lock is a lock that can easily be opened in the United States by safety inspectors with a master key. It was specifically developed for the tightening of security measures after 9/11.
They are either integrated into the suitcases or can be bought as a luggage accessory.
For US travelers who want to lock their suitcases or luggage when flying, this lock is virtually mandatory.
For those who just use a normal lock and close it, their spinner can be broken up at security checkpoints without further inquiry of the owner.
Only a few security officers have keys for the TSA lock. Unfortunately, you can never be completely sure that a master key is not illegally copied.
Therefore, a TSA lock is not regarded as something that protects you trolley against unauthorized access, but rather as protection against unintentional opening up when transporting.
Adjust TSA lock
Adjusting your TSA lock for the first time is quite simple. It succeeds in five steps:
- The lock must be empty. That means the zipper must not be in the lock.
- Push the reset button of the TSA lock with a pointed object.
- Press and hold the button while bringing the number wheels in the desired position. Release the button next.
- Now you can hook the zipper and adjust the cogs in a random position.
- Now the castle is closed and only to opens for the set combination. Only the US authorities have a master key.
Which TSA lock can be recommended
- 1 ORANGE LUGGAGE LOCK: You will be receiving a pack of 1 orange TSA-approved luggage lock.
- MOST DURABLE TSA COMPATIBLE AND RECOGNIZED LOCK: All TravelMore retractable travel locks are 100% travel sentry certified and designed from the ground up to be the strongest and reliable luggage locks in the market. TSA screeners are issued codes and tools for secured access to open the heavy duty locks. Our special high strength zinc alloy lock bodies, hardened steel shackles and patented internal mechanisms can take so much force that we back our product up with an 100% lifetime warranty.
- MULTIPLE USES: Our small and weatherproof wire locks can be used on a variety of items. They can be used when traveling on your suitcase or backpack, a gym locker, duffle, golf or carry on bag, briefcase or pelican case and are 100% TSA compliant.
- 3 DIAL COMBINATION & FLEXIBLE STEEL CABLE: Our easy to master and resettable 3 digit combination can be set to any combo of your choosing for extra security. The flexible metal cable helps with easy threading through all types of luggage zippers.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Each digital backpacking number lock comes with a 100%, no questions asked replacement money back guarantee. Instructions and a instructional video come with every luggage padlock purchase.
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API