What this actually is, what purpose it serves and what advice you can be given, can be read in this post.
For what is the TSA lock intended?
The TSA lock is a lock that can easily be opened in the United States by safety inspectors with a master key. It was specifically developed for the tightening of security measures after 9/11.
They are either integrated into the suitcases or can be bought as a luggage accessory.
For US travelers who want to lock their suitcases or luggage when flying, this lock is virtually mandatory.
For those who just use a normal lock and close it, their spinner can be broken up at security checkpoints without further inquiry of the owner.
Only a few security officers have keys for the TSA lock. Unfortunately, you can never be completely sure that a master key is not illegally copied.
Therefore, a TSA lock is not regarded as something that protects you trolley against unauthorized access, but rather as protection against unintentional opening up when transporting.
Adjust TSA lock
Adjusting your TSA lock for the first time is quite simple. It succeeds in five steps:
- The lock must be empty. That means the zipper must not be in the lock.
- Push the reset button of the TSA lock with a pointed object.
- Press and hold the button while bringing the number wheels in the desired position. Release the button next.
- Now you can hook the zipper and adjust the cogs in a random position.
- Now the castle is closed and only to opens for the set combination. Only the US authorities have a master key.
Which TSA lock can be recommended
No products found.
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API