What this actually is, what purpose it serves and what advice you can be given, can be read in this post.
For what is the TSA lock intended?
The TSA lock is a lock that can easily be opened in the United States by safety inspectors with a master key. It was specifically developed for the tightening of security measures after 9/11.
They are either integrated into the suitcases or can be bought as a luggage accessory.
For US travelers who want to lock their suitcases or luggage when flying, this lock is virtually mandatory.
For those who just use a normal lock and close it, their spinner can be broken up at security checkpoints without further inquiry of the owner.
Only a few security officers have keys for the TSA lock. Unfortunately, you can never be completely sure that a master key is not illegally copied.
Therefore, a TSA lock is not regarded as something that protects you trolley against unauthorized access, but rather as protection against unintentional opening up when transporting.
Adjust TSA lock
Adjusting your TSA lock for the first time is quite simple. It succeeds in five steps:
- The lock must be empty. That means the zipper must not be in the lock.
- Push the reset button of the TSA lock with a pointed object.
- Press and hold the button while bringing the number wheels in the desired position. Release the button next.
- Now you can hook the zipper and adjust the cogs in a random position.
- Now the castle is closed and only to opens for the set combination. Only the US authorities have a master key.
Which TSA lock can be recommended
- THE MOST DURABLE LOCK ON THE MARKET. SureLock uses an ultra tough alloy body to protect our locks from the harshest of baggage handling. Our hardened stainless steel internal lock mechanisms won't rust or freeze up even after years of use. Put our locks to the test. We back them with a complete money back guarantee.
- PEACE OF MIND WITH AN INSPECTION INDICATOR. Know if your luggage has been inspected as soon as you pick it up at the airport with our pop-up inspection indicator. If the TSA has opened your luggage, a button will pop out of the top of the cable lock. You'll know to double check your luggage to make sure nothing has gone missing while you're still at the airport instead of at your hotel or final destination.
- FOOLPROOF COMBINATION SETTING MECHANISM. Easily set your own combination with a simple flick of a switch. With the factory default combination of 000 entered, use a pen to flick the switch to the right. Enter your new combination and flick the switch back to the left. Setting your combination is that easy.
- A SECURE LOCK WHICH WORKS WITH NEARLY ANY KIND OF LUGGAGE. Cable locks can secure luggage which steel shackle locks can not. Pelican cases, gun cases, equipment cases, etc. can all be locked easily and safely with our flexible cable. At an ideal lenght of 4 inches from end to end and a closed lenght of 1.5 inches, SureLock's cable is the ideal size for your travel security needs.
- EASY TO READ DIALS. SureLock uses a white numeral on a black background for our combination dials. These high contrast dials make reading your combination a breeze. No more squinting or searching for glasses as you try to open your locks.