What this actually is, what purpose it serves and what advice you can be given, can be read in this post.
For what is the TSA lock intended?
The TSA lock is a lock that can easily be opened in the United States by safety inspectors with a master key. It was specifically developed for the tightening of security measures after 9/11.
They are either integrated into the suitcases or can be bought as a luggage accessory.
For US travelers who want to lock their suitcases or luggage when flying, this lock is virtually mandatory.
For those who just use a normal lock and close it, their spinner can be broken up at security checkpoints without further inquiry of the owner.
Only a few security officers have keys for the TSA lock. Unfortunately, you can never be completely sure that a master key is not illegally copied.
Therefore, a TSA lock is not regarded as something that protects you trolley against unauthorized access, but rather as protection against unintentional opening up when transporting.
Adjust TSA lock
Adjusting your TSA lock for the first time is quite simple. It succeeds in five steps:
- The lock must be empty. That means the zipper must not be in the lock.
- Push the reset button of the TSA lock with a pointed object.
- Press and hold the button while bringing the number wheels in the desired position. Release the button next.
- Now you can hook the zipper and adjust the cogs in a random position.
- Now the castle is closed and only to opens for the set combination. Only the US authorities have a master key.
Which TSA lock can be recommended
- MOST DURABLE TSA RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED LOCK. Forge locks are designed from the ground up to be the toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, tightly braided and sheathed steel cables, hardened steel cable lock ends as well as patented internal mechanisms can take such a pounding that we back our product up with an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If you can find a way to break these locks, we'll gladly refund or replace them.
- EASY TO SET 3 DIGIT COMBINATION. Our combination locks have an easy to use lever mechanism to set the combination. Simply set the locks to the factory default combination of 0-0-0, flip the lever with a pen and enter your personal combination. The combination can also be changed as many times as you like. Never worry about accidently changing your lock to the wrong combination or your combination being changed during rough handling.
- SECURITY WITH THE FLEXIBILITY OF A CABLE LOCK. Cable locks can handle situations that normal lock shackles simply can't. Our lock's cable is thin enough to thread through all standard sized zippers and hard case lock holes but strong enough to protect your belongings. At a length of 4 in from end to end and an internal looped length of 1.5 in when locked, our cable offers the flexibility to secure nearly any suitcase, hard case, gun case, etc. on the market.
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. Most TSA locks on the market do not need to be re-locked by a TSA agent after their inspection is completed. With our TSA luggage lock, the agent has to re-lock your suitcase to remove their key. With Forge you never worry about your suitcase locks being left open again.
- MANY USES WITH LOTS OF VARIETY. Forge travel locks can be used on a wide variety of items besides suitcases or luggage. These locks can be used on a briefcase, gym locker, purse, backpack or laptop bag.